“Is This Course for Me?”If you've been wanting to learn how to read music for guitar, you are in the right place. This course is specially designed to take to step by step through the basics of translating musical notation on the page into music that you play on your guitar. You can be an absolute beginner, or a lifelong player. There is no previous experience or skill required for this course. All you need is patience, and the willingness to do a little practice.
With This Course, You’ll:
- 37 Highly Detailed Video Lessons: Crafted to lead you forward naturally in your learning.
- 36 Pages of PDF Practice and Reference Resources: So you have what you need close at hand.
- Unlimited Email Support: You're not alone. Get the answers to any questions you may have.
- How the Notes Work: How music is put together, and the building blocks of all written music.
- How the Notes are Arranged on the Guitar: Making sense of the frets and string layout.
- Guitar Specific Musical Elements: Understand the special symbols used for guitar music.
- Following Musical Roadmaps: Read the signs that tell you where to go when.
- Expressive Markings: See into the mind of the composer to create action and emotion.
- Intensive Rhythm Training: A full bonus course to improve your proficiency with rhythm.
- Successful Practice Strategies and Tips: How you can set yourself up for continued progress.
- And More!
Includes:Includes PDF Materials
Course Level: BEGINNER
This course is at the BEGINNER level. This means that the notes will all be in the open position (so no moving up and down the neck). The rhythms are simple (mostly quarter and 8th notes) and well-explained. And any chords used are common ones. TABs are included for an alternative to music notation. For more advanced players, pieces in this level can be used as a study to improve phrasing and memorization techniques.
About CGS Courses
The courses you’ll find here on Classical Guitar Shed are among the most in-depth, detailed and high-quality classical guitar courses available anywhere. Each course explores a single guitar skill or piece of music. And each course features high-quality HD video with multiple camera angles, as well as one-of-a-kind custom learning materials. This means you always know exactly what’s going on.
Repertoire and skills are divided into small sections or concepts, and worked through one at a time. You’ll get suggestions on varied subjects, which may include:
- How to count and play any tricky rhythms
- How to polish difficult transitions
- How to phrase the music, when to swell or fade
- How to apply advanced phrasing techniques to make the music more beautiful
- How to practice so you learn the piece most quickly
- How to memorize the music more easily
- How to troubleshoot hard spots
- How to avoid common traps that slow players down
- How to make small changes that make big differences
- How to understand the composer’s intentions
- How to choose the right tone quality for each part
- How to make the melody sing
- How to make the rhythm more lively
- How to practice to increase your speed and precision
- How to maintain the piece after you learn it
- among others
When you purchase a CGS Course, you get lifetime access to all videos and materials. You also get full support and your questions get answered via on-page comment or email.
Note: Videos stream only and are not available for download.
Members of The Woodshed Program get full access to all Courses and Study Guides, as well as the complete program, for the life of their membership.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee, Plus…
I want you to be completely happy with your new course. If you don’t feel it’s the best choice for you, email me within 30 days and request an immediate 100% refund.
But a refund isn’t enough. In addition, you can also choose ANY premium course or Study Guide to keep, just for your time. (You can even choose a more expensive course than the one you purchased.)
In the worst case, you’ll learn some new skills without spending a penny. In the best, you’ll have a fun new adventure exploring music and guitar. Either way, you have nothing to lose and much to gain!
Hi, I’m Allen Mathews.
I started as a folk guitarist, then fell in love with classical guitar in my 20’s. Despite a lot of practice and schooling, I still couldn’t get my music to flow well. I struggled with excess tension. My music sounded forced. And my hands and body were often sore. I got frustrated, and couldn’t see the way forward. Then, over the next decade, I studied with two other stellar teachers – one focused on the technical movements, and one on the musical (he was a concert pianist). In time, I came to discover a new set of formulas and movements. These brought new life and vitality to my practice. Now I help guitarists find more comfort and flow in their music, so they play more beautifully.
[thrive_2step id='78169']Click here [/thrive_2step] for a sample formula.